[ovs-dev] classifier versioning and rule_dpif_try_ref()

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sat Aug 1 04:54:58 UTC 2015

Now that the classifier is versioned, is it still possible for
rule_dpif_try_ref() to return false?  Specifically, can we change the
loop in rule_dpif_lookup_in_table() to do an ordinary ref instead of a
try_ref?

My motive is that, if we could change it, then we could drop the
'take_ref' parameter from rule_dpif_lookup_from_table(), instead letting
the caller take the ref if it wants it, which seems like a cleaner
interface.  But, of course, correctness is more important.

Thanks,

Ben.