[ovs-dev] [ovn-controller-vtep V4 1/6] ovn-sb: Remove the "Gateway" table from the ovn-sb schema.

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 13:33:27 UTC 2015

On 08/03/2015 09:06 PM, Alex Wang wrote:
> Hey Russell,
>
> With your add type/option change and Ben's tunnel-key work in, it is time
> to rebase my ovn-controller-vtep series~~
>
> So, now, I think I'd like to adopt your earlier suggestion, which
> requires users
> to specify this when creating logical port (for vtep switch):
>
>   Logical_Port
>     name: <anything>
>     type: vtep
>        vtep_physical_switch: <...>
>        vtep_logical_switch: <...>
> And the vtep_logical_switch column in ovn-sb Chassis table now becomes a
> list of vtep logical switch names (the physical switch attached to).
>
> "vtep_logical_switches" : {"type": {"key": "string",
>                                                       "min": 0,
>                                                       "max": "unlimited"}}},

This all sounds good to me.

> To make sure, we should also expose similar interface in CMS to allow users
> specify the logical port type and options right?

Yes.  For OpenStack Neutron, there's an active project to add an API
extension for connections to l2 gateways.  It's been on the todo list
for a while to look at it for OVN.  Once your OVN support goes in, I'll
see if I can raise the priority for the Neutron side.

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/networking-l2gw

--
Russell Bryant