[ovs-dev] Adding a new file to ovs-master

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 12:28:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 03:55:11AM +0000, ravali.burra at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Russell & Thomas,
>
> When I am adding the new header file in bridge.c file depending on the order of the header file I am seeing different errors i.e. if I place the header file in the end of header file section i.e. before the declaration of VLOG module declaration  then I am facing the issue like
>
> ./include/openvswitch/vlog.h:284:16: error: expected ';', identifier or '(' before 'struct'
>          extern struct vlog_module VLM_##MODULE;
>
> If I place the header file in the middle of the header file section ie before seq.h  I am facing the error like
>
> lib/seq.h:121:1: error: expected ';', identifier or '(' before 'struct'
>  struct seq *seq_create(void);
>
> Depending on the placement of the header file in declaration section I am facing different types of errors related to next header file.
>
> Can you please let me know how to proceed further.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Ravali

Hi, Ravali.

That indicates the problem is likely in your new header file. Can you post your
changes to the list, or some git repository somewhere, or a pastebin?

As already mentioned to you, best thing would be to send it as a patch to the
mailing list, pointing out that it doesn't build.

Best of luck.
Cascardo.