[ovs-dev] Query regarding OF1.5 Egress tables (EXT-306)

niti Rohilla niti1489 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:10:34 UTC 2015

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your reply. Based on your reply please validate our
understanding.

1. From all the commands only OFPTFC_MODIFY needs to be implemented and
only for a single table in a request. This command is used to modify flow
table capabilities and will not modify pipeline processing or any other
ofp_table_features parameter.

So what is the significance of implementing OFPTFC_MODIFY command as the
capabilities (OFPTC_EVICTION, OFPTC_VACANCY_EVENTS) can be modified using
ofp_table_mod messages. When these OFPTC_* flags are modified using
table_mod messages we need to pass ofp_table_mod_prop_eviction and
ofp_table_mod_prop_vacancy properties along with the messages. So how can
we implement capabilities using OFPTFC_MODIFY command?

2. We need to configure only OFPTFF_FIRST_EGRESS flag and all the table
before this will be considered as ingress tables and all the table after
the first egress table will be considered as egress tables.

Thanks and Regards
Niti Rohilla