[ovs-dev] Can OVS forward TTP messages to Helium ODL

tech_kals Kals tech.kals at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:20:13 UTC 2015

Hi Experts,

I am working on the openflow switch (hardware switch) which have its own
Openflow agent functionalities -- It uses OFDPA for data plane
programming..... But, it uses OVS (ofproto lib in OVS) to interact with the
controller. All communication between our switch and the controller happens
via OVS only. So, the switch depends on OVS for communicating with the
controller.....I know, OFDPA/my agent and ODL supports TTP but not OVS.
will it be really matter ? Can my switch send TTP messages to ODL even
though OVS doesnt support TTP?  Please clarify me whether it is possible?

My goal is, using TTP, Openflow agent (my hardware switch) has to send all
openflow tables and their capabilities to Helium version ODL. Please
clarify me whether it is possible?

OFDPA based data plane -------------------------------Openflow Agent + OVS

Thanks,
tech.kals