[ovs-dev] Use next_cfg/cur_cfg in the presence of more than one client

Ashwin Paranjpe ashwin1985 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:33:23 UTC 2015

 I have a few questions about the following commit:
http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=commit;h=b54e22e91eee43eb04ad53e2fa919be44f34e731

- What would happen if there are two clients and both of them increment the
next_cfg to the same value?
I'd imagine the operation won’t be atomic, so this would be possible. One
of the clients would incorrectly conclude that vswitchd has applied its
configuration changes; Is my understanding correct?

- Is there any way we can guarantee correctness in the presence of more
than 1 client?

Thanks!