[ovs-dev] ovs architecture question

OVS User1 ovs26-user1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 06:45:50 UTC 2015

Hi Justin,
One issue is that all OVN code is being placed in the same repo as traditional switching openvswitch code. Our company only needs to use OVS (vanilla software switching) but we end up getting OVN updates as well. Reading through your latest commits and source code, it appears that not just the ovn/ subdirectory, OVN code has its roots everywhere. All of our deployments and customers want to just do switching with OVS and not care about SDN stuff.
Thank you!!