[ovs-dev] appveyor - windows autobuild service

Nithin Raju nithin at vmware.com
Wed Feb 4 21:19:01 UTC 2015

> On Feb 4, 2015, at 12:27 PM, Gurucharan Shetty <shettyg at nicira.com> wrote:
>
>> I had a question regarding the machines that they provide. Have they been installed with the Visual studio packages for building the kernel datapath. We mostly need WDK 8.1.
> These are the pre-installed software in the machine:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.appveyor.com_docs_installed-2Dsoftware&d=AwIBaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=pNHQcdr7B40b4h6Yb7FIedI1dnBsxdDuTLBYD3JqV80&m=NVbs94iGwtdpwwmAZuR7VDY19i8j6H56IJeu2DzDYpI&s=gIzJQMKwwI84WOcS2N4mvt8k8zmaEHuaGzh84xe6vPE&e=
>
> Do you have what you will need?

Thanks for the link Guru.

I looked at the list. They have WDK that goes with Server 2008, but not Server 2012. So, we won’t be able to build the OVS datapath.

I found this link where someone has requested WDK 8.1 support:
http://help.appveyor.com/discussions/suggestions/553-request-wdk-81-update

I’ll also voice my support for the request. It might help.

Do we build Linux datapath today in the public cloud (not appveyor)?

-- Nithin