[ovs-dev] Markdown coding standard

Finucane, Stephen stephen.finucane at intel.com
Thu Feb 12 17:37:44 UTC 2015

I note that there are no coding standard for Markdown documents. Given this, I have some questions:

  * What's the expected format for code blocks (multi-line and single-line)?
  * Can we use GHFM-extensions (i.e. syntax-highlighted code fences)
  * Line limit? It's not necessary to wrap Markdown if you don't want to, but files seem to alternate between 72, 79 and 80+ quite a bit
  * Any "expected approach" to validating Markdown output (i.e. confirm that it will preview correctly on GitHub)
  * Any other requirements?

Cheers,
Stephen