[ovs-dev] [openstack-dev] [neutron] moving openvswitch ports between namespaces considered harmful

Ivar Lazzaro ivarlazzaro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:31:34 UTC 2015

I agree with Kevin that we should adopt veth pairs for fixing the issue in
the short term, at least until CT gets merged and distributed in OVS. At
that point the transition to a OVS based solution will make a lot of sense,
given that the numbers show that it's worth of course ;)

On Sun Feb 15 2015 at 7:17:39 AM Thomas Graf <tgraf at noironetworks.com>
wrote:

> FYI: Ivar (CCed) is also working on collecting numbers to compare both
> architectures to kick of a discussion at the next summit. Ivar, can
> you link to the talk proposal?

Thanks for bringing this up Thomas! Here is the link to the talk proposal
[0].
Any with suggestion, idea or random comment is very welcome!

Ivar.

[0]
https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/presentation/taking-security-groups-to-ludicrous-speed-with-open-vswitch