[ovs-dev] OVN architecture

Dave Tucker dave at socketplane.io
Mon Jan 19 17:25:22 UTC 2015

On 19 Jan 2015, at 16:56, Miguel Ángel Ajo wrote:

> Wasn’t OVN to be developed in C too?

That's what was being discussed here based on a comment earlier in the
thread.
I'm just exploring whether there is a reason to consider using Python
instead.

I guess it really comes down to what versions of OVS are going to be
"OVN compatible"

For OVS 2.4+ if a shared library is made available I can see OVN in C
being the best fit.
That said, if OVS 1.X to 2.4 are candidates for being supported, I think
Python might be the better option.

I'm not a good C developer - so if my assertions are incorrect I'm happy
to be corrected.