[ovs-dev] HOST to SWITCH packets

Sree Vidya S D vidya426 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:03:15 UTC 2015

Thanks Ben

In this particular function body theres a call to function

ovs_dp_process_packet_with_key(skb,&key,false); ---2

So when the control returns from function 2 does skb contains the packet
with the actions applied ??

say i specify action as modify the mac header... in dat case does skb
contain the modified packet??

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 3:29 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 01:47:40PM +0530, Sree Vidya S D wrote:
> >  I am working with the
> >
> > "void ovs_dp_process_received_packet(struct vport *p, struct sk_buff
> *skb)"
> >
> > function in datapath.c
> >
> > If I am right this function deals with packets that is send from a switch
> > to another switch, does it deal with packets that are passed from a host
> > a switch?
>
> This function processes every packet that goes through the switch.

*яєgαя∂ѕ, sreevidya*