[ovs-dev] Parse actions when received from FLOW_MOD message

Raul Suarez Marin raul.suarez.marin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:48:59 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am developing a new module for a controller, but I need to add an extra
action to the openvswitch. I know that ovs 1.4 supports set-field actions,
but that functionality does not work for me because I need to change data
from the packet, not a header.

Currently, I'm stucked at function ofpact_from_openflow10 (ofp-actions.c).
For example, SET_TP_DST has this structure:

case OFPUTIL_OFPAT10_SET_TP_DST:
        ofpact_put_SET_L4_DST_PORT(out)->port = ntohs(a->tp_port.tp_port);
        break;

I need to do something similar for my action, but... I do not know what
does "ofpact_put_SET_L4_DST_PORT" or where it is defined
"ofpact_put_SET_L4_DST_PORT". I'm not being able to find it.

I appreaciate your help.

Thank you,
Raúl