[ovs-dev] OVS - issue related to OF-CONFIG build

Tomáš Čejka cejkat at cesnet.cz
Wed Jan 28 14:38:37 UTC 2015

Hello,
I'm studying source codes of the OpenFlow implementation (in OVS)
because of the OF-CONFIG project. I would like to discuss an issue that
we've found.

We've discovered that OVS installs static libraries without necessary
header files.
I think that the reason is based on inappropriate Makefile or
lib/automake.mk that does not define include_HEADERS files that should
be installed into ${includedir}.

Would you please confirm or reject my idea? Is there any reason of
current state?

According to my opinion, installation of the header files would
definitely help developers of third-party utilities.

Thank you for any reply.
Tomas Cejka