[ovs-dev] [join ovsdb schema v2 0/8] ovsdb-tools changes

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Jul 3 16:03:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:53:32PM -0700, Andy Zhou wrote:
> OVSDB can be more flexible by supporting multiple schemas. Those multiple schemas can be taken
> from different releases, or on different feature sets. If the schema tables don't overlap,
> or for tables do overlap, but columns are not in conflict, those schemas can be joined together
> into single schema for database operations.
>
> I am working towards convert all ovsdb related tools and servers to support multiple schemas.
> This patch series is the first attempt, which adds support for ovsdb-tool. This will enable
> more work of other tools and scripts.

Hi Andy.

I'm pretty happy with this series, after skimming through most of the
patches, but I wonder whether it is useful on its own.  If you're OK
with it, I'd consider extending the series to add the necessary
functionality to other tools before we start applying patches to the
master branch.  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ben.