[ovs-dev] MPLS support in OVS 2.3.2

tech_kals Kals tech.kals at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:00:15 UTC 2015

Hi Experts,

  Could someone clarify me whether the following MPLS actions are supported
in latest OVS.

MPLS L3 VPN Label group entry bucket actions:

 Push MPLS shim header (for VPN label; this sets the Ether type to 0x8847)

 Set-Field MPLS Label

 Set-Field BOS (bottom of stack)

 Set-Field MPLS TC (EXP, optional)

 Decrements and Check TTL (depends on label)

 Set-Field TTL (value or copy out)

 Set-Field PCP (in L2 header, 0ptional)

 Group (MPLS Tunnel Label)

For MPLS LSR  (MPLS Label Switch Router)

The MPLS SWAP Label group entry bucket actions for P include:

 Push MPLS Label (if LSP label popped)

 Set-Field MPLS Label (set or swap label)

 Set-Field TC (EXP, optional)

 Decrements and check TTL

 Set-Field TTL (optional)

 Set-Field PCP (in outermost L2 header) – explicit value or from table.
Optional.

 Group (MPLS Tunnel Label)

Also, is there any plan to support TTP (Table Type Pattern) in the upcoming
OVS release ? If so, could you please kindly let me know when will be the
next release ?

Thanks,
tech.kals