[ovs-dev] [RFC] db-ctl-base: Make common database command code into library.

William Adams william_a_adams at outlook.com
Mon Jun 8 20:27:42 UTC 2015

Hi Alex,

I'm pretty new to the Open vSwitch world, but I've been working on a LuaJIT
binding for the same:
http://github.com/wiladams/LJIT2ovs

While I've done the lowest level stuff, I am now focusing on higher level utilities,
such as ovs-vsctl and the like.

>From a scripting environment perspective, it would be great to isolate these
command processors in a separate library.  I found myself doing the same from
the Lua side of things, so it will probably be generally useful.

Additionally, since I'm in script, it's a lot easier to make a lot of little command-lets,
instead of larger "apps" or utilities.  That way I can stitch together whatever I
like, only pulling in what's necessary for that particular command.  I don't know
if that fits into the general philosophy of ovs, but that's the way I find I'm doing
it for script.

-- William

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.