[ovs-dev] [ovsdb join 0/5] ovsdb join

Ansis Atteka ansisatteka at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:03:12 UTC 2015

On 15 June 2015 at 19:35, Andy Zhou <azhou at nicira.com> wrote:

> OVSDB can be more flexible by supporting multiple schemas. Those multiple
> schemas can be taken
> from different releases, or on different feature sets. If the schema
> tables don't overlap,
> or for tables do overlap, but columns are not in conflict, those schemas
> can be joined together
> as single schema for the run time database.
>
> I am working towards convert all ovsdb related tools and servers to
> support multiple schemas.
> This patch series is the first attempt, which adds some supporting
> functions and extended ovsdb-tool
> to support multiple schemas.

Thanks, Andy, for doing this!

If I understand correctly, then these patches change ovsdb-tool user-facing
interface? If so, I did not see any changes in the related OVSDB man pages
or help commands. Probably, in the next patch revision you should include
some documentation on how this feature should be used.

Having said that, I guess I still can look into patch 5/5 to see how your
newly added tests are using this new ovsdb-tool feature...