[ovs-dev] Fwd: [ovs-discuss][dpdk-ovs]VXLAN encapsulation exceeds the MTU of dpdk port .

Dongjun dongj at dtdream.com
Mon Jun 29 01:54:36 UTC 2015

As following topology, two VMs communicate via VXLAN tunnel.
TCP pkts may be droped for exceeding the MTU of host DPDK port in br2.
Now I can decrease VMs' MTU to accommodate the traffics, it works well.

The way I have not found to change MTU of DPDK phy port, is there a
blueprint for supporting this by ovs, like "ovs-appctl
netdev-dpdk/set-xxx" or another way?

         Host1                  |                     Host2
                     (l-ip)-   L3    -(r-ip)
|VM1| --|br1|Vxlan --|br2|DPDK---DPDK|br2|--Vxlan|br2|--|br1|--|VM2|

I forward this to dev mail-list, anyone who can response me? Thanks.