[ovs-dev] OVS porting

Abhijit Bhadra abhadra at broadcom.com
Wed Mar 4 12:06:56 UTC 2015

So I am trying to write our own ofproto provider. And we tend to allocate and initialize resources in the beginning itself when the switch is coming up. So in that case, if during my initialization for my version of openflow, if I call ofproto_class_register with my ofproto class, and call ofproto_create with my device_name as name and type as NULL, will that be sufficient? I am further assuming I don't need to call init from ofproto class handler. Is that sufficient or do I need to call ofproto_init somewhere? And if yes, where and how?
Abhijit