[ovs-dev] OFPMT_TABLE_FEATURES is supported in OVS or not

tech_kals Kals tech.kals at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:49:03 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Let me rephrase my question. I know, how flow entries are added into a
single flow table. But, I have few doubts while installing a flow entry
into multiple flow tables.

1) Switch can maintain any number of flow tables. But, the controller will
come to know about it only through "OFPMT_TABLE_FEATURES". If the switch
doesnt send switch capability to the controller through "OFPMT_TABLE_FEATURES"
then controller will think that there is a single flow table in the switch.
OVS currently doesnt support "OFPMT_TABLE_FEATURES", so the controller may
not aware that OVS has multiple flow tables. Am I rght ?

2) If controller doesn't know about multiple flow tables are in a switch,
during a flow entry programming in a switch, how a flow entry is programmed
into multiple flow tables in OVS? I assume, controller may not send on what
are the tables, the flow entry needs to be programmed because controller
may not aware of it in our case. So, how OVS is able to map a single flow
entry into multiple flow tables? What logic it is using? Could you please
point the function name also ?

Thanks,
tech.kals