[ovs-dev] really needs help. Thank you

cui cuicuime at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 20:27:28 UTC 2015

Hello.

I am trying to print a message (e.g. by printk("something")) for each
processed packet by OVS, so I modified the ./datapath/datapath.c file in
the function of ovs_dp_process_received_packet(struct vport *p, struct
sk_buff *skb).

Then I recompile everything by "fakeroot debian/rules binary" to generate
new .deb files. and re-install:
openvswitch-common,
openvswitch-pki,
openvswitch-switch
openvswitch-datapath-dkms

However, I can not find my message(e.g. "something") by dmesg after I
generate some packets, although new flow entry was also successfully
created..

I also tried to configure/make module_install and then "insmod
openvswitch.ko" manually, it also does not work to see "something" message
by dmesg..

Could you please give me some help?

Thank you so much
cui