[ovs-dev] feedback info. from User Space

luc mluc.2015 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:36:11 UTC 2015

Hello.

I am new to the openvswitch code, while going through the user space and
kernel space codes, I have one question which confused me a bit:

When kernel space can not find a flow entry in its table, it will pop up
the packet to user space level. After user space knows the corresponding
rule, does it sends back the forwarding decision to the kernel space again?

If yes, where can I find such "feedback" forwarding decision in the kernel
space code?

I really appreciate if some of you can point me out something.

Thanks a lot.