[ovs-dev] monitor2--delay past branch for 2.5?

Liran Schour LIRANS at il.ibm.com
Tue Dec 1 07:31:55 UTC 2015

"dev" <dev-bounces at openvswitch.org> wrote on 30/11/2015 07:58:28 PM:

> Hi Andy.  I think that we're planning to branch for 2.5 pretty soon.  At
> the same time, I think that the monitor2 code is close to being ready.
> However, since we want to add more functionality to monitor2 (conditions
> for rows), it seems to me that we should wait until after we branch 2.5
> to commit monitor2.  That way, we'll only end up with two variants
> instead of three.
>
> Do you agree?

I am working on monitor_cond based on Andy's monitor2 that will combine
the 2 methods.
For that I changed the specification of <condition> to be a 3-element JSON
array like it is defined in the RFC and a Boolean value. None or empty
"where" value will be considered as implicit [true] and if the caller will
specify explicit "where" : [false] no rows will be monitored until
conditions will be added by monitor_cond_change. By that a monitor_cond
request without "where" value or with empty array will behave as monitor2
and will monitor all rows.
I expect to send version 1 of the patch series in 2 weeks from now. My
patch is based on Andy's changes.

Thanks,
- Liran