[ovs-dev] how to understand the ovs architecture

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Mon Nov 23 16:56:25 UTC 2015

> On Nov 23, 2015, at 8:38 AM, Akshay Sanghai <sanghai.akshay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have gone through this paper: "The design and implementation of OVS", an
> excellent paper. I have tried configuring OVS and watched videos on OVS.
> But, still I do not have the confidence that i understand the OVS
> architecture. I didn't find the OVS documentation to be elaborate. There
> are some videos by Ben Pfaff on youtube , but the audio is not clear.
>
> Please advice how to proceed with understanding the architecture and code.

This is a deep dive presentation that I did a couple of years ago at OpenStack:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-F9bDRxjAM

and here are the accompanying slides:

    http://openvswitch.org/slides/OpenStack-131107.pdf

If you let me know what information you'd like to know more about, I might be able to point you to more specific topics.

--Justin