[ovs-dev] JSON parsing fails on powerpc

RishiRaj Maulick rishi.raj2509 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:39:28 UTC 2015

Hi ,

We are trying to cross-compile and run the ovs-vswitchd on a machine that
runs on powerPC architecture. We have cross-compiled the code successfully
however we are hitting some issues :-

1) When we try to create the conf.db file from the schema - it fails to
decode the JSON objects.
2) Then we started to run the ovsdb-server on a x86 machine and ran
vswitchd on powerPC - used tcp to communicate between them .
3) tcpdump confirms that the vswitchd was able to connect to the
ovsdb-server , it sent a "list_schemas" json request and the server replied
to that , and then it sent a "lock" request which also was successfully
replied by the ovsdb-server.
4) At this stage we see that the vswitchd is sending a TCP reset towards
the server - the reason is because it thinks that the "lock" method has
failed - in bridge_run() the check for has_lock() fails.
5) Also we see that the logs of vswitchd are not coming properly - all we
see are 0's .

kindly let us know , if anybody has hit such kind of an issue before ,

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rishi Raj