[ovs-dev] openvswitch-2.4 possible bug in hmap_remove

Richurov Kes kesri1234 at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:46:23 UTC 2015

Dear Ben Pfaff,

> Please let us know how to reproduce the crash.

We have a simulation script that periodically create and remove ports on OVS nodes. We make sure that the vlan port has the right backing interface in Linux when we add (ie. vconfig command is done before ovs-vsctl add-port). Likewise when we remove, we make sure that the vconfig is done after ovs-vsctl del-port is done.
The crash happen once we reach ~50-60 ports on an OVS node. Typically we see it after some ports are deleted soon after another set was just added. ovs-vswitchd process crashes and no other ovs-appctl command go through after that. The switch becomes unusable until we do openvswitch restart.

Thanking you,Richukov