[ovs-dev] Handling "Port Shutdown" message

tech_kals Kals tech.kals at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 06:44:21 UTC 2015

Hi experts,

  Can someone clarify me whether OVS handles port shutdown message? I am
not seeing it in "port_reconfigured" function.

  If this is the case then controller may not be aware that when port is
configured to admin down.

*  Can someone tell me how port shut message is communicated to the
controller if OVS is not processing port shut message ?*

*static void *
*port_reconfigured(struct ofport *port_, enum ofputil_port_config
old_config)*
*{*
*    struct ofport_dpif *port = ofport_dpif_cast(port_);*
*    struct ofproto_dpif *ofproto = ofproto_dpif_cast(port->up.ofproto);*
*    enum ofputil_port_config changed = old_config ^ port->up.pp.config;*

*    if (changed & (OFPUTIL_PC_NO_RECV | OFPUTIL_PC_NO_RECV_STP |*
*                   OFPUTIL_PC_NO_FWD | OFPUTIL_PC_NO_FLOOD |*
*                   OFPUTIL_PC_NO_PACKET_IN)) {*
*        ofproto->backer->need_revalidate = REV_RECONFIGURE;*

*        if (changed & OFPUTIL_PC_NO_FLOOD && port->bundle) {*
*            bundle_update(port->bundle);*
*}*

Regards,
Kals