[ovs-dev] Using ovn without openstack neutron

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:52:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

Not sure if there is a complete guide, but it would be very helpful to
use ovn neutron plugin as a reference:
http://git.openstack.org/openstack/networking-ovn.git

The devstack plugin demonstrates how to setup OVN, including
centralized northd and distributed controller:
devstack/plugin.sh

The neutron plugin itself demonstrates how to interact with the northd
via ovsdb, and you can write your own stuff in similar way.

Another option is to integrate with CLI, but using ovsdb interface
should be more efficient.

Best regards,
Han