[ovs-dev] OpenSwitch Project

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Oct 14 20:38:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:28:47PM +0000, Zayats, Michael wrote:
> Obvious parts that we would prefer to discuss and develop upstream are
> OVSDB-Server, C and Python IDL libraries (GoLang is on the radar), OVS
> libraries, ofproto layer providing OpenFlow implementation, utilities
> etc. OVN components would eventually make their way into the list as
> well.
>
> In order to make it happen, we need a collaboration with OVS
> community.  Specifically we would like to discuss how to make OVS
> extendable - allowing physical switching aspects to effectively extend
> shared components in a decoupled way.
>
> We would really like to hear what Open vSwitch community with its
> thought leaders thinks about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing OVS improvements contributed upstream.  I
like the one that I've reviewed already, to add change tracking to the
OVSDB interface to C.  I know that you're planning to upstream other
improvements to OVSDB as well, and I'm looking forward to that.

The way to move forward is to start sending patches.