[ovs-dev] OVN: V2 RFC add a new JSON-RPC selective monitoringmethod

Zayats, Michael michael.zayats at hpe.com
Sun Oct 18 22:42:29 UTC 2015

>> Will OVSDB-server have to remember whether it synced this row for
>> each subscriber in order to send the right inserted/removed notifications?
>>

>Ovsdb-server has to maintain the state for each replica and send the right notifications for each client.

Which is a state for each row, for each monitoring client...
and this state has to be maintained, when clients connect and disconnect.

If we limit "where" clause to "insert" notifications and initial "monitor" response only,
would it still serve OVN scalability needs appropriately?

In that case, there is no need to track replica state of each client as row updates and row deletions
would be sent anyway. Client should ignore row deletion if it doesn't have it in the replica.

Michael