[ovs-dev] Timestamp for flow miss and flow insert

Jarno Rajahalme jrajahalme at nicira.com
Fri Oct 30 16:18:28 UTC 2015

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 5:49 AM, Junguk Cho <jmanbal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there command line tool or option to show flow miss timestamp and flow
> insert timestamp when controller sends flow rules?
> In other words, can we know when flow miss happens and when flow insert
> happens?

‘ovs-ofctl dump-flows <bridge>’ shows an ‘idle_age’ field for each flow, which is the time since the flow has been last hit. If you insert a drop rule (priority 0 rule to drop all packets), you’ll see from its ‘idle_age’ when the last drop happened on that table. flow dump also shows the ‘duration’ field for each flow, which is the age of the flow in the table, i.e., time since the flow was added to the table.

  Jarno