[ovs-dev] communicatin failed with combination of ovs and linux native bonding

渔舟 yuzhou at mogujie.com
Wed Sep 23 02:28:39 UTC 2015

On 9/23/15 09:35, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 7:30 PM, 渔舟 <yuzhou at mogujie.com> wrote:
>> Hi, all
>> Communication failed happened sometimes (about fifty-fifty) with combination of ovs
>> and linux native bonding( 802.3ad mode), but if I use ovs own bonding(lacp=active) instead,
>> the failure disappeared, any ideas?
>>
>> I read below post, which mentioned that "it may not be possible to use the Linux bonding at
>> the same time as Open vSwitch for Linux before 2.6.36", but I failed to get deeper info about that .
>> http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2010-September/004407.html
> That post was referring to a different mode of bonding other than LACP
> (which did not exist in OVS at the time). The type of issues referred
> there should not affect LACP so I don't think there is an inherent
> problem.
>
> What is the issue?

Network disconnection happened sometimes after reboot the host.
The network configuration was right by ethtool, cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0,
ifconfig, route, and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

And, one clue is that the hardware switch's ports status were pause when the network disconnection happened.
But after I use ovs own bonding(lacp = active) instead, the disconnection never happened.