[ovs-dev] meters support in datapath

Jarno Rajahalme jarno at ovn.org
Fri Apr 1 17:19:35 UTC 2016

You may want to have a look on meter patches I sent out earlier to ovs dev list:

http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-November/062428.html

The patches are to be applied to ovs master branch at the time of when the email was sent.

The meters in the patch series should work fine, but they have a flaw that a DROP meter drop drops the whole rest of the pipeline, which is bad if the meter is part of a resubmit that results to an output, and there are multiple of such resubmits. In this case only the output of the resubmit with the meter action should be dropped, not all of them.

 Jarno