[ovs-dev] SAI ofproto provider for OvS

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Apr 5 14:05:51 UTC 2016

On April 4, 2016 6:36:53 PM MDT, Petr Machata <petrm at mellanox.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Mellanox would like to implement an OvS ofproto provider for SAI[1], a
>vendor-neutral C API for programming switch ASIC's.  Would there be
>interest in merging this work upstream eventually?
>
>We are not asking for a blank check here, but are trying to figure out
>the general stance of the project with regards to corporate
>contributions.  We would take stewardship of this code, and would
>deliver it in the desired quality, reviewed as is otherwise usual.  No
>throwing over the wall, as the stereotype goes ;)
>
>Thanks,
>Petr
>
>[1] https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI

We would be pleased to take additional ofproto providers as long as they are clean and maintainable (and actually maintained). We would want to make sure that the additional providers can be built without installing code that is available only under NDA.

(I'm on vacation this week so I'll probably not be very responsive.)