[ovs-dev] SAI ofproto provider for OvS

Petr Machata petrm at mellanox.com
Tue Apr 5 22:02:33 UTC 2016

Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> writes:

> We would be pleased to take additional ofproto pr oviders as long as
> they are clean and maintainable (and actually maintained). We would

We will want to put forward code that is up to snuff.

Regarding the "actually maintained" bit--that is the intention.  But as
you are probably well aware, one never knows.  So we will make the
second best thing and aim at making the backend cleanly separated.

> want to make sure that the additional providers can be built without
> installing code that is available only under NDA.

That is understood.  The SAI backend will be optional.

Thanks,
Petr