[ovs-dev] Meter implementation in openvswitch

Jarno Rajahalme jarno at ovn.org
Thu Apr 7 20:25:18 UTC 2016

The userspace datapath implementation in the patches referred misbehaves in presence of multiple resubmits or multiple egress pipelines, if a meter drops, the whole pipeline is terminated, not just the particular resubmit or egress pipeline.

For Linux kernel module the reasons are more political than technical. Given the pushback on "duplication" the Linux meter implementation should likely use tc, but we have not had anyone knowledgeable enough on tc to show an interest towards implementing the meters for the kernel datapath. Hopefully that changes once we get the userspace implementation done.

  Jarno