[ovs-dev] problem attaching a virtual box to OVS bridge in the same host.

Talukdar, Biju Biju_Talukdar at student.uml.edu
Fri Apr 8 00:01:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to attach a virtual box(Ubuntu 14.04) which is running on my host(Ubuntu 14.04) to my ovs bridge(the bridge is running on the host).  Eventually my virtual box should be able to reach any machine connected to the host  through the ovs bridge.

I performed the  following steps:

  1.  sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0
  2.  sudo ip tuntap add mode tap vnet0
  3.  sudo ip link set vnet0 up
  4.  sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vnet0
  5.  sudo ifconfig br0 up
  6.  sudo ifconfig br0 10.0.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
  7.  In virtual box ,

 "Settings" and choose the "Network" in the left pane. Then give check mark on the "Enable Network Adapter", select "Attached to : Bridged Adapter" and then select the name which already defined in the previous section "vnet0".

  1.  run the virtual box
  2.  give a static ip to eth0 10.0.0.11/24

now, ping to the ovs bridge.
ping 10.0.0.10

Ping failed.

Please help me in  getting the connection established.
Thanks a ton