[ovs-dev] Applying QoS on Logical Ports

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Fri Apr 8 21:36:21 UTC 2016

> On Apr 8, 2016, at 7:25 AM, Faseela K <faseela.k at ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   Can QoS be applied on any logical ports, say for example : patch ports or tunnel ports?

It works on ports that are Linux devices, so it would work on physical devices, tap devices, etc.  Patch ports are purely an OVS userspace construct, so QoS would not work on them.  I checked with Pravin, and while tunnel ports have Linux devices, they wouldn't work properly, since the SKBs aren't fully populated when they see them.  You can apply QoS to the physical port that the tunnel goes through, though, which is typically what's wanted.

--Justin