[ovs-dev] Consideration of ce179f11 for 2.5 branch?

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Apr 25 07:37:19 UTC 2016

Hi,
I've recently run a lot into extremely huge logfiles.
I found it related to messages like:
2016-04-25T06:25:29.464Z|00003|dpif_netdev(pmd18)|INFO|Core 9 processing
port 'vhost-user-1'

With many ports and queues set up it really gets bad with almost a Gigabyte
for 512 ports and even up to stalling the OVS adding ports due to massive
log writes.

The good thing - I found it already fixed upstream in the form of:
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/commit/ce179f1163f947fe8dc5afa35a2cdd0756bb53a0

I don't know if the new command and extra message part with queue-id is
"too much" for the 2.5 branch. But I'd personally totally like it applied
to that.
If not the full patch then maybe at least just dropping the INFO to DBG of
the existing messages?

Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd