[ovs-dev] Append output port to an existing flow

Kapil Adhikesavalu kapil20084 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:19:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

Want to check if there is an alternate way to append a output port to the
existing flow.

For example,

Existing flow:

cookie=0x0, duration=14279.412s, table=0, n_packets=0, n_bytes=0,
idle_age=14316, dl_vlan=5 actions=output:2

If I want to add output:4 to the above flow, the only way I know is using
mod-flow

ovs-ofctl mod-flow bridge "dl_vlan=5, actions=output:2,4"

But is there any other way that I can use to just append 4? i might have
about 20 ports which have to be dynamically appended.

Why I need this?

I am testing VXLAN tunnels. They can be created/teared down dynamically.
Each VXLAN can have same or different VLAN.

Packets destined to a particular VLAN should be sent to all tunnels with
that vlan. Since tunnel learning is dynamic, using mod-flows is little bit
tricky.

Any alternate solution for this?

Regards

Kapil.