[ovs-dev] What is the minimum Linux kernel version ovs 2.6.1 build requires?

Yang, Yi Y yi.y.yang at intel.com
Fri Dec 2 01:04:24 UTC 2016

Joe, it is my bad. Our nsh patches added two pointer variables to " struct ovs_skb_cb", that increased its size by 16 bytes, but sk_buff.cb only has 48 bytes, when I build ovs with "--with-linux=..." option, sizeof(struct ovs_gso_cb) will be over 48 bytes, that is the root cause of this build issue. After I manage to remove those two pointer variables, it can be built successfully. But sizeof(struct ovs_gso_cb) is still 48 bytes, obviously it can't be extended any more in the future unless Linux kernel changes sk_buff.cb to bigger size.