[ovs-dev] [patch_v10] ovn: Add datapaths of interest filtering.

Russell Bryant russell at ovn.org
Tue Dec 6 19:45:19 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 2:22 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 04:13:44PM -0800, Darrell Ball wrote:
> > This patch adds datapaths of interest support where only datapaths of
> > local interest are monitored by the ovn-controller ovsdb client.  The
> > idea is to do a flood fill in ovn-controller of datapath associations
> > calculated by northd. A new column is added to the SB database
> > datapath_binding table - related_datapaths to facilitate this so all
> > datapaths associations are known quickly in ovn-controller.  This
> > allows monitoring to adapt quickly with a single new monitor setting
> > for all datapaths of interest locally.
>
> Hi Darrell, the series I just sent out has some relevance here.  It
> makes ovn-controller only implement the datapaths and ports flows that
> are relevant to a given hypervisor, even though it does not affect what
> part of the database is replicated.  The particularly relevant patch is
> this:
>         https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/702608/
>
> I suggest having a look at the series.

I'm in the middle of doing some control plane performance testing using
OpenStack and OVN.  I may have time to do another run with some additional
patches applied to see how they affect performance.  Ideally I'd be able to
do that this week, though.

If I'm able to fit this in, what do you guys suggest if I've only got one
shot?  This patch or Ben's series?

--
Russell Bryant