[ovs-dev] ovs-vsctl add-br stuck on raspbian

Piyush Agarwal agarwalpiyush at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:22:06 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am trying to get ovs up and running on Raspbian (Jessie).

I installed the following:

apt-get install openvswitch-switch
apt-get install openvswitch-common

I see lsmod shows openvswitch module loaded fine.

I started ovsdb-server, ovs-vsctl init and ovs-vswitchd and all of them
came up fine.

However, when I try to create a bridge using

++++++++++++
ovs-vsctl add-br br1
++++++++++++

This command just gets stuck. If I Ctrl-C here and issue a "show", I do see
the bridge was created in the show output.

Reading elsewhere, this points to issue with vswitchd and/or kernel module.
Is this where the issue is?

Can someone please suggest what more information I can gather (or where/how
I can search) to get past this.

Much appreciate it.

Thanks.
--