[ovs-dev] OVN: proposal of introducing nlog engine to ovn-northd

Yusheng Wang yshwang at vmware.com
Tue Feb 2 09:09:06 UTC 2016

Thanks Ben for providing the background information.
I spent a hour or so on Openstack Congress and my impression is that it will be evolving into a deductive engine rather than a computation engine that we need for OVN.

The obvious reason, as Russell has mentioned, is it is Python. Others reasons that I have are:
* We may not want to bound to an external project.
* We already have a Java engine and porting to C is straightforward.
* The datalog engine in Congress may optimize in other direction not suited for OVN.

-- Yusheng