[ovs-dev] Openvswitch

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Feb 4 18:01:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 07:44:27PM +0530, Aditi Dhale wrote:
>             I am working on Openvswitch. I want to know how to add our own
> action to forward data from one virtual machine to other . Please help me
> to solve this query.

The FAQ says:

### Q: How do I add support for a new OpenFlow action?

A: Add your new action to "enum ofp_raw_action_type" in
   lib/ofp-actions.c, following the existing pattern.  Then recompile
   and fix all of the new warnings, implementing new functionality for
   the new action as needed.  (If you configure with --enable-Werror,
   as described in [INSTALL.md], then it is impossible to miss any
   warnings.)

   If you need to add an OpenFlow vendor extension action for a vendor
   that doesn't yet have any extension actions, then you will also
   need to edit build-aux/extract-ofp-actions.