[ovs-dev] Query regarding tunnel parameters

niti Rohilla niti1489 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 05:44:57 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

It means that tun_src and tun_dst parameters in ovs cannot be configured
from ODL, as there is no corresponding OXM field defined for tun_src and
tun_dst in Openflow specifications. I have looked into the code, for
tun_src and tun_dst only NXM fields are defined but there is no
corresponding OXM field.

So to configure the tunnels from ODL we have to use the "Port based"
configuration.

Please validate my understanding.

Thanks
Niti
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 05:24:49PM +0530, niti Rohilla wrote:
> I have a query regarding tunneling in OVS.
>
> I want to connect ovs with ODL (SDN Controller). I want to add flows from
> the odl to ovs to set tun_src and tun_dst parameters. Can somebody please
> help to understand which corresponding parameters should be sent from odl.

Look at lib/meta-flow.h, under MFF_TUN_SRC and MFF_TUN_DST.