[ovs-dev] [OVS-DPDK] Unable to successfully add IN port to datapath, failed to add port1 as port: Unknown error -19

许志峰 zhifengxucs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:31:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  I tried that before, but there is no ovs-dpdk in
the datapath folder. So I cannot execute the command below:

./datapath/dpdk/ovs-dpdk -c 0x0F -n 4 --proc-type primary -- --stats_core=0
--stats_int=5 -p 0x03

./vswitchd/ovs-vswitchd -c 0x100 --proc-type=secondary --
--pidfile=/tmp/vswitchd.pid

I put aside the above issues and start vswitchd with 'ovs-vswitch
--dpdk'(I have no idea why there are two different ways to run the
vswitch), I can add-port(dpdk0/1, dpdkr1) and set flow table.

But when I try to use IVSHMEM, there is no
"./utilities/ovs-ivshm-mngr", how can I create the metadata?

Best regards,

Xu