[ovs-dev] vxlan udp csum and openstack ovs performance

康敬亭 jingting at unitedstack.com
Thu Jan 21 07:33:54 UTC 2016

Hi ALL:
   We are running openstack J with neutron OVS2.4 using intel 10G adapters(82599es) with  vxlan tunnels.
   We find this patch below to resolve problem of vxlan throughput.
    http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-August/059335.html

    We modify vport-vxlan.c as the patch,and make the udp csum flag fixed as param when calling vxlan_sock_add in func vxlan_tnl_create , but the throughput we got does not exceed 3Gbps on the 10Gb link.

    What we do as below:

    vs = vxlan_sock_add(net, htons(dst_port), vxlan_rcv, vport, true,
-           vxlan_port->exts);
+          vxlan_port->exts | VXLAN_F_UDP_CSUM);

    I have no idea whether this patch works? Anyone can help,thanks!