[ovs-dev] ovn-northd: Logical_Port.port_addresses format

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:52:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Han Zhou <zhouhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the functionality of port-security itself, I am not sure how
would it be supported for ls_out_port_sec. If a dst MAC is not recognised
in ls_in_l2_lkup stage, it is meaningless to have it allowed in
ls_out_port_sec, because the packet would never reach the output port.

I just realized that port-security is useful already when "unknown" is in
the addresses of a lport, which can receive packets with any dst MAC as
long as the MAC is allowed in port-security. For mac-learning behaviour I
mentioned, I will post another thread for discussion, and keep this thread
to be focused on the address format in Logical_Port table.

--
Best regards,
Han